Best Sewing Machines In India- Comprehensive Buying Guide (2021)
Sewing machines are one of the most versatile pieces of equipment in your home. You can sew just about anything with them, from a new outfit to curtains for your windows. They can be used to create art, as well as fix clothing and other household items that have torn or broken over time.
A sewing machine is an investment and something that you’ll use on a regular basis if you enjoy crafting or repairing things at home; so finding the right one for you is important!
In this blog post, we will discuss the top 5 best selling sewing machines in India. We will also provide a buying guide on how to choose and use your new home-sewing machine! Finally, we will also go over some of the advantages, safety tips and most frequently asked questions about sewing machines
We hope this blog post inspires you to take that leap and purchase your first home sewing machine!
Best Selling Sewing Machines in India (Our Top 3 Picks)
Top 5 Best Sewing Machines in India with Price List
|Usha Janome Dream Stitch Automatic Zig-Zag Electric Sewing Machine (White And Blue)||₹ 10,300 ₹ 8,799||View Product|
|Singer 4423 HEAVY DUTY Electric Sewing Machine, grey||₹ 23,895 ₹ 20,540||View Product|
|Usha Janome Wonder Stitch Automatic Zig-Zag Electric Sewing Machine (White)||₹ 16,800 ₹ 14,300||View Product|
|Brother FS 101 Computerized Plastic Sewing Machine, White||₹ 22,690 ₹ 19,230||View Product|
|Usha Janome Automatic Stitch Magic 60-Watt Sewing Machine (White And Blue)||₹ 22,500 ₹ 17,999||View Product|
1. Usha Janome Dream Stitch Automatic Zig-Zag Electric Sewing Machine
- You can quickly stitch buttons on shirts, dresses and coats by using Usha Sewing Machine. There is also a dial option for you to select your desired pattern.
- It also comes with a handle so you can easily carry it from one room to another.
- It is equipped with a sewing light, ensuring you get good visibility while sewing in dimly lit spaces.
- Warranty: 2 years manufacturers warranty
2. Singer Simple 3223 85-Watt Automatic Sewing Machine
- 23 Built-In Stitches – Choose for a variety of stitches, as basic sewing, decorative sewing and more with easy selection dial
- 4 Step Button Hole – Buttonholes are sewn in four easy steps – clearly displayed on the Stitch Selector Dial ; Adjustable Stitch Length – customize for applique and more
- Darning Plate – Place the darning plate into position over the machine’s feed teeth, which prevents the feed teeth from coming in contact with the fabric
- This can be used for free-motion sewing like stipple quilting, monograms and even for sewing on buttons
- Other Features : Adjustable Stitch Length, Reverse Lever, Free Arm Stitching, Heavy Duty Metal Frame, Snap-On Presser Feet, Extra High Presser Foot Lifter
- Warranty: 2 years on product
3. Singer Promise 1408 Sewing Machine
- The SINGER PROMISE sewing machine includes all the basic features you need to create almost any project.
- Basic and decorative stitches include an automatic buttonhole, simple stitch selection and the included darning plate allows your imagination to become reality.
- Easy threading and an automatic bobbin winder make set-up a breeze.
- Four included presser feet (all-purpose, buttonhole, button sewing and zipper) are easily accessible in the accessory storage drawer that can be removed to create a free arm for stitching in hard-to-reach areas. Reverse Operation
4. Usha Janome Wonder Stitch Automatic Zig-Zag Electric Sewing Machine
- .Customize your favorite decorative stitches with its adjustable width dial.
- Use the blind hem foot to finish the ends of garments such as saree falls, kurti slits, skirt hemlines and much more.
- Usha Janome Wonder Stitch sewing machine’s advanced features such as one-step buttonhole and thread cutter on face-plate, make your sewing experience hassle free.
5. Brother JA20 Electric Sewing Machine
- Included Components : Foot controller, Instructional DVD, Varied Accessories
- Zig-Zag stitch
- Simple stitch and LED light
- Top load bobbin
- Item Weight : 6 kg 950 g
Key Features to Keep in Mind Before Buying Best Stitching Machine
Before you buy a sewing machine for home use, there are some key features that are important to think about. Let me walk you through the process of choosing a sewing machine.
– Type of sewing machine: There are two main types of sewing machines – computerized and mechanical. Mechanical models work with a foot pedal, while electronic ones operate via touch screens or buttons.
– Type of sewing: Will you be mostly doing dressmaking, quilting or other types? While all machines can do most jobs with some practice and skill, this is an important question to answer before investing in a machine.
– Size: What size of machine do you need? Do you want a portable option or are there some weight restrictions in the home that will limit your choice? This is important to work out before looking for a sewing machine.
– Features: Do you want an automatic needle threader? A free arm for sleeves and trouser legs? Different types of stitches (straight, zigzag)? You’ll need to decide what features are important to you before starting your search.
– Maintenance: How do you want to maintain your machine? Do you have a sewing space near the machine that can be used for storage, or is it just about convenience and portability? There are some models where all of these considerations come into account.
– Accessories: What accessories do you need in order to sew effectively? Will this include a sewing table, storage for your thread or an ironing board?
– Budget: What is your budget? If you’re a beginner at sewing, it may be worth investing in something more expensive as this will mean you’ll have less problems with the machine. But if money’s tight and you just want an affordable option then go for that.
– Sewing Machine Warranty: It’s important to find out how long of a warranty the company offers before you buy your sewing machine because it will help protect against any defects or malfunctions that may occur while using it.
Advantages of Having a Sewing Machine:
- Convenient: You can make clothes more quickly with a machine. The sewing process is much faster than other methods such as hand-stitching, and the speed at which you can operate your sewing machine will depend on how well you know it.
- Cost-Effective: Sewing machines are also cost-effective, as they can save you a lot of money when compared to ready-made clothes.
- Creativity: Sewing machines also allow for creativity, as you have the ability to customize and alter your fashions.
- Versatile: Sewing machines can be used for a variety of tasks, such as sewing hems, finishing edges or even embroidery.
- Portable: Finally, the best part about a sewing machine is that it’s easily portable and fits in your home.
Safety Tips for Sewing Machines:
Sewing machines can be dangerous if not used correctly. The following are some safety tips to keep in mind when using a sewing machine:
- Always use the appropriate needle size for the fabric type and weight of thread, as well as the speed setting on your machine.
- To prevent tangling or breaking threads, always use a spool holder to hold your thread in place when you’re sewing, or wind it onto a bobbin.
- Never sew over pins that are left in the fabric or sewing machine.
- To avoid pinching fingers with the needle bar, pull the material out from under it as you’re approaching so it passes safely by without touching any part of your hand.
- If you’re making a straight stitch, never sew over or under the loop of thread on the spool pin.
- When sewing thick fabrics, set your machine to its largest zigzag width and make sure that it’s threaded with a needle for heavy-duty work.
- When sewing with a decorative stitch, set the machine for its widest straight zigzag and use thicker embroidery thread.
- When sewing bulky seams, set the machine for its widest zigzag.
- To avoid getting needle marks on your fabric or threading problems with the bobbin and spool holder, always lower that part of the machine before you make a stitch.
- Always use extra caution when working around children and pets who could get injured with the machine.
- Always unplug your sewing machine when not in use, and never leave it unattended while plugged in or turned on.
- Never sew over pins that are left in the fabric being sewn, and never leave them inside of your sewing machine.
Frequently Asked Questions About Sewing Machines:
Here are some of the most common questions about home sewing machines and their answers for you to read before making any decisions about what will suit your needs best.
What is a sewing machine?
A sewing machine is a device that sews fabric and other materials together with thread, generally by means of needles. In India, sewing machines are also known as Silai Machines or stitching machines.
How do you use a sewing machine?
To use a sewing machine, you need to thread the needle and attach it to the top of the machine. You’ll also want to have any other accessories that are specific for your project at hand before you get started. Once ready, press down on both pedals with your feet in order to start stitching
What are some of the different types of sewing machines for home use?
There are many choices when it comes to what type will work best for your needs. The first thing you should consider is whether or not you want a portable machine or one with permanent placement in an area that has enough space for storage.
For those who want their machine to be portable, there are smaller models that can be carried around or stored away in a cabinet when not in use.
– Vertical: This type of machine is designed to be placed on a table or floor. It’s a great option if you have the space and want to sew clothing or other large projects, but it isn’t as portable.
– Horizontal: These machines are built for portability and can easily fit in your car trunk while still being able to sew a variety of materials.
– Serger: For people who want the best stitch quality, this type is for you. It can also make your sewing time much faster and will help reduce the amount of fabric waste that would occur with regular straight stitches. The drawbacks are they’re expensive and require more maintenance than other types do.
– Sewing Accessories: This includes a sewing table, storage for your thread or an ironing board. There are some models where all of these considerations come into account.
Which sewing machine is better electric or manual for beginners?
Those who are just starting out or don’t want to spend too much on a sewing machine may opt for electric models as they’re cheaper and more durable.
How do you know if the sewing machine is right for you before buying it?
It’s important to know how experienced you are and what projects that you’re looking for a sewing machine. Some will be better suited if you want to make clothing or just basic repairs while others may be more suitable for quilting, patchwork, embroidery, upholstery work or any other type of project.
Before purchasing a sewing machine and spending your money on it, take some time to test out what features you like more than others in order to find the right one that will suit your needs.You can do this by visiting a sewing machine store or locating one in your area.
Which sewing machine is better SINGER, USHA or BROTHER?
SINGER & USHA sewing machines are typically cheaper than BROTHER.
If you’re a beginner, it’s best to stick with the most basic features like an automatic needle threader and an easy one-step buttonhole. For more experienced sewers who want something that can take on heavy or complicated projects, then BROTHER sewing machines might be a better fit.
What are some of the other benefits or features to keep in mind when choosing a silai machine?
– Air Threading: This feature will help with efficiency and reduce stress on your hands, wrists, arms, shoulders and back. It also helps prevent needle breakage which can result from improper threading techniques.
– Automatic Needle Threading: This is an important feature for those who are just starting to use a sewing machine. It’s also helpful if you don’t have much experience or would like the convenience of not having to manually thread your needle each time before stitching begins.
– Automatic Needle Height: You can use this feature to adjust the needle height based on what type of material you’re sewing. It’s also helpful if you change your threading technique or are using a different type of fabric than usual. This way, there won’t be any skipped stitches and it will help increase efficiency.
– Programmable Needle Up/Down: This feature will help you get a consistent stitch length each time. It’s also helpful if you have to do lots of sewing and need the same, precise stitches each time without having to adjust them manually.
– Tension Lever: This is a great feature for those who sew with lots of different materials. In order to get the best stitch quality, you’ll want to adjust your tension based on what type of material you’re sewing without having any skipped stitches.
– Lighted Sewing Area and Magnified View Window: These features are helpful for those who sew with lots of different types of materials and need to see the needle at all times. They also make it easier on your eyes while you’re sewing, which can help prevent eye strain or other vision-related issues.
– Inbuilt Thread Cutter: This is another helpful feature for those who are just starting to sew or need the convenience of not having to find a sharp object in order to cut their thread.
– Extra Spool Pin and Needle Plate Holes: This is a helpful feature for those who sew with lots of different types of materials and need to change their needle in between.
– Heating System: This is helpful if you’re sewing thick fabrics or want your stitching to be more accurate without pinning the fabric down. There are various levels that you can choose from which will determine how quickly it heats.
What are the different sewing stitches available for home machines?
There are a variety of different stitches that you can choose from, depending on what your needs are. Some examples include the straight stitch and zigzag stitch while others may have different variations such as decorative or buttonhole stitches. A good rule is to read up on which one will be best for your project before making any final decisions about which machine to buy.
What are some specific signs that my sewing machine might be worn out?
The number one indicator that your sewing machine is worn out and needs to be replaced is if it starts skipping stitches. This can indicate the timing has become off, which will need to be adjusted or repaired by a professional, but if you are not sure what you should do then just take it in for a tune-up!
Do I need to use the presser foot every time while using the sewing machine?
No, but it is wise to use the presser foot when sewing thick fabrics like denim or upholstery. The presser foot will keep the fabric taut and in place while you are sewing. It also prevents excessive wear on your machine’s feed dog that can lead to skipped stitches and broken threads.
What can I do if my silai machine starts making too much noise?
There can be various reasons why a sewing machine is making an excessive amount of noise. Perhaps the needle has become dull and needs to be replaced or there might be too much tension on the thread. The best way to identify where the problem lies is by checking for any obstructions that may have gotten into your hook, bobbin area or around your presser foot mechanism at its base.
Why is the reverse stitch function of my sewing machine not working properly?
If the reverse stitch function of your sewing machine is not working properly, then it may be due to a loose connection with the presser foot. You should make sure that there are no obstructions lodged in the base of where your presser foot mechanism connects to your needle plate or near any other metal components like the bobbin area and hook.
After reading this article, you will be able to make an informed decision about which sewing machine best suits your needs. You should also have a better understanding of what to look for when buying the right sewing machine and how to use it safely. There are many available options on the market today with varying price points and features so we hope that this post has helped clarify some of those differences–we wish you all the luck in finding just the perfect one!