Top 5 Best Geysers in India- Comprehensive Buying Guide
The best geysers in India are not always the most expensive ones. This is a fact that many buyers of this home appliance find out after investing their hard-earned money on an overpriced model, only to realize it’s more than they need or want for their lifestyle.
To save you from such disappointment and expense, we’ve compiled a list of the Top 5 Best Geysers in India that are available on Amazon & Flipkart.
We’ve also included a comprehensive buying guide and FAQs to make it easier for you to understand what these products are capable of doing. Now go ahead and read on to find out more about these amazing devices!
Compare Best Geysers/ Water Heater Brands in India:
- Blue Diamond Glass-Lined Tank for 2X corrosion resistance
- Long-lasting Anode Rod a customised alloy that works even in hard water conditions to protect the tank and has 2X lifespan as compared to normal magnesium rod.
- Installation: Water Heater Free Installation is applicable up to municipal city limit of Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Secunderabad, Pune - PCMC, Delhi, Noida, Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Gurgaon, Kolkata, Howrah and Hooghly. Free Installation does not include any additional material e.g. connecting hoses, water inlet & outlet, pipe nipples, any additional material, electrical fittings & Demounting* of old geyser etc. In rest of the cities, installation will be provided by the brand against the installation charge of INR 400
- Inner Tank Material: Blue Diamond Glass Lined Tank- 2X Corrosion Resistance; Outer Body Material: ABS, Temperature Control Knob Easy temperature settings
- Feroglass coated tank with single weld line design
- Incoloy heating element
- Energy saving high density puf insulations
- Shock resistant plug inner tank made of extra thick superior cold rolled steel
- Type : Storage; Capacity : 25 Litres; Wattage : 2000 Watts;Pressure : 8 Bars; BEE Rating : 4 Star
- Inner Tank Material: SS 304; Outer Body Material: CRCA
- Product Dimensions: 43.3 cms X 44.1 cms X 57 cms
- Warranty : 2 years on Product; 2 years on Heating Element; 5 years on Tank
- Type: Storage ; Capacity: 25 Litres; Wattage: 2000 Watts; Pressure: 8 Bars ; BEE Rating: 5 Star;
- Inner Tank Material: Blue Diamond Glass Lined Tank- 2X Corrosion Resistance; Outer Body Material: ABS
- Product Dimensions: 48.6 cms X 44.4 cms X 40.8 cms
- Warranty: 7 years on inner tank, 2+2* years extended warranty on glass coated heating element and 2 years comprehensive
- 【25 LITRE】Storage Water Heater; 【BEE 5 STAR RATED】: Extremely Energy Efficient with Extra Thick & High Density PUF Insulation for Maximum Heat Retention
- 【ANTI-CORROSIVE & SUITABLE FOR HARD WATER USAGE】: Advanced Vitreous Enamel Coating protects the Inner Tank, Superior Incoloy 840 Heating Element ensures Sustained Performance, Extra Thick Magnesium Anode provides Added Protection
- 【SAFETY ASSURED】: IPX4 Splash Proof ABS Outer Body, Advanced Thermostat & Thermal Cut-out Mechanism provides Dual Overheat Protection, 5-in-1 Multi-function Safety Valve prevents Excessive Pressure Build-up, Vacuum Formation & Reverse Water Flow, Dry Heating Protection safeguards the heating element
- 【HYGIENIC & PUNGENT-FREE WATER】: Multi-layer Protection against Corrosion & Scaling
Key Features to Keep in Mind Before Buying Best Geyser in India:
The below-mentioned points are key factors & features that one should keep in mind before buying the best geyser in India. Keep these things in mind, and you should have an easier time making a decision.
1: Storage Capacity – Storage capacity is the first most important factor to consider while buying a geyser as per the size of a house and its monthly power consumption. One should buy the best geyser in India that can store maximum hot water for at least 3 days. That means, if there are 5 members in a family, then you should choose the geyser that can store around 25 litres of hot water at a time.
2: Installation Cost – One should keep in mind the installation cost factor while buying the geyser. It is better to consult a local plumber before deciding on purchasing a geyser. He can give you suggestions about budget-efficient geysers and which one is suitable for your house’s size and hot water needs.
3: Hot Water Flow Rate – Hot water flow rate is the measure of water flow in litres per hour. This can be found on any product’s specifications mentioned online or offline. According to your house size, one should go for a geyser with higher hot water flow rates as it will help you save time and, ultimately, money!
4: Weight in KG – One should be careful about the weight of the geyser if one plans to shift it to another place. Most importantly, heavy-weight geysers can prove hazardous for your kids and senior citizens. It is better to buy the lightest geyser in India, which weighs less than 15 KG.
5: Warranty Period – The warranty period should be at least 2 years. It is better to buy a geyser from reputed brands so that you do not face any problem even after 2 years of usage.
6: Tank Material – Most of the time, stainless steel geysers prove to be durable and long-lasting. It is better to buy a geyser made out of stainless steel than any other type.
7: Auto Safety Cut – It is better to buy the geyser, which turns off automatically after the water level reaches its maximum point. This will ensure safety and not burning of any part.
8: Energy Consumption – It is recommended to buy a geyser that has less power consumption. The best ones are those who consume less than 2000 watts of electricity.
9: Water Level Indicator – The geyser’s tank should have a water level indicator that displays the water level in litres, and one can easily know how much is stored.
10: Safety Features – The geyser must-have safety features. It is better to buy a geyser that has a pressure release valve and thermal cut-off protection.
Frequently Asked Questions About Geysers in India:
Similar to every other appliance at home, you may also have a few questions about your Geyser. Listed below are the common FAQs, along with the answers. If you think of something which is not covered here, please let us know.
Which are the Best Geyser / Water Heater Brands in India in 2021?
1. AO Smith Geysers
2. Havells Geysers
3. Bajaj Geysers
4. Crompton Geysers
5. Racold Geysers
6. Orient Electric Geysers
7. Hindware Geysers
These are the top Seven brands of water heaters/geysers in India. From those, Havells, Bajaj, Orient and Crompton are Indian companies while AO Smith, Hindware and Racold belong to the international market
How do I choose a good Geyser for my home?
Choosing a geyser can be an extremely difficult decision, but there are many factors to take into account like cost and size. We’ve gathered some tips and buying guide for geysers that will help you make the right choice for your home.
What happens if the geyser is left on for 24 hours?
If the geyser is left on for 24 hours it might get overheated or burst, which can cause an accident. But if the geyser has an auto switch option then such accidents can be avoided!
When does Geyser need a service? When can I do it by myself?
Your Geyser needs service when you notice the appliance overheating, water not being heated or heating only up to low temperature. You can reach out to a technician if you are not confident about handling the service yourself. The service involves checking of geyser body and electric parts in it, cleaning them thoroughly and checking all fuses as well.
What is the correct water pressure for my Geyser?
The correct water pressure needed to be maintained in your geyser depends on the model. It can vary from 8-10 bars. If there are high pressures, you need to maintain it by trimming or replacing hoses and fittings etc.
If the Geyser is not heating water, what are the possible reasons?
There can be multiple reasons for this. The most common one being that you need to service your geyser and renew any of its parts like thermostat assembly, fuse or capacitor etc.
Another probable cause could be that your water storage tank is dirty or has sediment. You need to clean the geyser, as it can reduce pressure which leads to a reduced temperature of the water. You can also check the heating element in the geyser if its wires are burnt or there is any leakage
When the Geyser is leaking, what should I do?
In most cases, the leaking is due to a loose connection or due to lime or scale in the geyser. You need to first diagnose the reason behind the leakage and then rectify it. If there is any damage done by leakage you need to get your Geyser serviced and change parts that may have got damaged.
What are the safety precautions for using a Geyser?
Ensure that your geyser is installed by a trained technician. Before using your geyser, use a cloth or pipe cleaner and clean all the hoses, fittings etc. Don’t make any changes to the installation of the geyser, even if you feel it is faulty. Get it repaired by an authorised technician only. Make sure that there are no open flames or sparks around your Geyser and that children are kept away from it.
What is the correct amount of electrical current required for a Geyser?
The correct electrical current required for a Geyser would depend on its size and power requirement. It can be anywhere between 2-10 amps, but the most common is 5 amps.
How should I clean my Geyser?
Your Geyser can be cleaned using usual detergents like soap or vinegar. But be careful not to use any acids or abrasive items like steelwool since they can damage your geyser.
Thank you for reading this blog post on Best Geysers in India. We hope that the information we provided will help as it is time to decide and purchase a new geyser. As always, please share our posts with friends on social media and let us know what else you would like to hear about from me!