Top 5 Best Dishwashers in India: Detailed Review And Buyer’s Guide
Dishwashers are not just a luxury item anymore but have become an essential part of every kitchen. With the rise in popularity of dishwasher use, it’s no surprise that there are many models available to choose from. But choosing the best dishwasher is a daunting task. With so many brands to choose from, it can be difficult to make your final decision on the best one for you.
Luckily for you, we did all the research so you don’t need to worry about which one is best for you.
We’ve compiled a list of the top 5 best dishwashers in India based on price, performance, and customer reviews so that you can find the perfect machine for your home without wasting time reading through all those product descriptions.
Compare Best Dishwashers in India: (Side By Side Comparison)
Now we will discuss each and every aspect, product details, along with pros and cons. Let us begin the journey.
If you’re looking for a classy yet simple dishwasher, look no further! Because the Bosch 12 Place Settings Dishwasher is the perfect choice for you. It has an incredible 4.4/5 star ratings, and it stands as one of the #1 best selling dishwasher in the online market today.
When it come to the home improvement section, Bosch is a well-known brand. They manufacture a wide range of high-quality home appliances, right from refrigerators to washing machines, and so on. However, this dishwasher from Bosch is what we’ll be looking into in this article.
To start off, this dishwasher comes with a 12 place setting. This means the dishwasher is suitable for a small family that has about 4 or 5 members. Adding to the 12 place setting, this model also comes with a separate box inside the dishwasher, especially for all your handy cutlery.
We also understand that Indians love experimenting with different dishes that require the use of different utensils. Some of them being the Kadai, Tawa, Chakla, and so on. But don’t worry! The Bosch 12 Place Settings is designed to handle it all, including tough grease and masala stains!
The process of using this is so simple that you don’t even have to pre-wash the utensils before placing them inside. The dishwasher will handle that and make all your heavy-duty Indian utensils squeaky clean!
It also has six wash programs and three options. Moreover, the Bosch 12 Place Settings Dishwasher also saves water! This model uses only 10 litres of water. On the other hand, when you wash dishes manually, you take about 60 litres. And what’s best is that this model will have your dishes looking brand new in less than just an hour.
Bosch has also added a few extra touches to this by adding the eco silence drive, glass care system, dosage assist, and so on.
Moreover, when you purchase this, you also get a warranty of 2 years. So if you face any issues with your dishwasher, you know where to go.
- Has an adjustable upper rack
- Impressive features to clean
- Saves water and time
- Has a 12 place setting
- Comes with special features
- Comes with a 2-year warranty
- Expensive as compared to other brands
- Product dimensions: 84.5 x 60 x 60 cm
- Product weight: 43 kgs and 500 g
- Comes with a 12 Place Setting
- The noise level is only 52 dB
- Comes with six wash programs with three options
- Has a childproof door lock
- Has an adjustable upper rack and a cutlery box
- Special features: glass care system, eco silence drive, extra dry, dosage assist
Unlike the previous model, this one by Faber is suited for medium to large size families. So, if you have a family with eight members, you can consider purchasing this one.
It comes with a 14 place setting. You can find a section inside for your plates, one for bowls and one for cups, and the other for cutlery. This includes your knives, spoons, and forks. The racks are also extremely foldable, and the upper racks can be adjusted to your convenience.
The Faber 14 Place Settings Dishwasher also comes with eight wash programs: Eco, Normal, 90 Minutes, Rapid, Glass, Soak, Intensive, and Auto Wash. You can easily start this appliance, thanks to the electronic push button.
The machine also does not take a lot of water, 10 to 17 liters, but this also depends on the setting you choose.
The best part about the Faber 14 Place Settings Dishwasher is that it comes with a one-year warranty. During this time period, if you face any issues with your machine, they will fix it for you without worry.
But before you decide to purchase this, take a quick look at its pros and cons.
- Extremely spacious design
- Eight wash programs
- Has a cutlery drawer
- Does not use a lot of water
- Comes with an electronic push button
- Comes with a one-year warranty
- Drying features could be better
- Some customers have reported customer service is not good.
- Product dimensions: 845 x 598 x 600 mm
- Product weight: 14 kgs
- Comes with a 14 Place Setting
- The noise level is only 44 dB
- Comes with eight wash programs
- Comes with adjustable upper racks and foldable racks
Volta’s is one of the most trusted brands in India today. But is their dishwasher up to the mark? The 4.2/5 star ratings seem to agree with it! Let’s take a look at what this Voltas Beko dishwasher has to offer us.
To start off, this model has an 8-place setting, meaning you will be able to fit 96 vessels in here! Amazing, isn’t it? It also has up to 6 washing programs, including eco, clean & shine, normal, intensive, mini 30, and glassware.
The mini 30 program is best suited if you want to wash just a few vessels. This process will be done in 30 minutes, and your utensils will be super clean and shiny.
This is also designed to handle any kind of Indian vessel and can tackle tough stains and grease. Moreover, you can use this dishwasher to clean up utensils made of steel, ceramic, etc. It can go up to 70C, which is perfect for removing these tough grease stains.
Additionally, it also comes with a special eco feature that only uses 8 liters per cycle. This way, you get to save up on your water bills!
Moreover, this is a very compact-sized machine which you can easily fit in your kitchen without taking too much floor space.
If you have any trouble with your machine, Voltas has you covered. Their two-year warranty will guarantee to help you out.
- Super spacious design
- Adjustable upper racks
- Comes with eight place setting
- Does not use a lot of water
- Compact sizing
- Water can heat up to 70C to remove tough stains
- Comes with a two-year warranty
- Cannot wash a lot of dishes at once
- Dimensions: 50 x 55 x 59.5 cm
- Comes with a setting for 8 places
- Has an adjustable upper rack
- Comes with six wash programs
- Designed for a compact fit
- Comes with special eco features
Another reputable brand in India is LG. They manufacture a lot of electronics, including quality dishwashers. This particular model holds a superb 4.1/5 stars, and it stands out for all the right reasons.
Firstly, this LG Dishwasher model comes with an impressive 14 place setting. So this is ideally a good purchase for people who have big families.
Secondly, there are 2 special features that LG has included for this model. The QuadWash System and the SmartThinq. The Quadwash System cleans your vessels with four sprays which remove tough greasy stains. Usually, the standard dishwasher comes with two sprays.
The SmartThinq feature is very interesting. This involves your smartphone. With this feature, you can download different wash cycles for your glassware, pots, and pans, and so on. You can also customize your cycle and set reminders as well. And all you need to do is download the LG ThinQ app from the play store!
Additionally, it also has a TrueSteam feature that allows for better drying of your dishes. The EasyRack Plus features allow you to easily load and unload your dishes.
But that’s not all LG has to offer. They also add a warranty for two years that will have you all set in case of any mishaps!
- Very impressive cleaning quality
- Sleek design
- Comes with a 14 place setting
- Special features are included
- Comes with a two-year warranty
- It can be a little expensive
- Dimensions (mm) : 600 x 600 x 850
- Comes with a 14 place setting
- Comes with 9 Wash Programmes
- Noise Level is 44 dB
- Comes with special features: QuadWash™ System: QuadWash system, SmartThinQ, TrueSteam, and EasyRack Plus
If you’re looking for a high-rated dishwasher directly from the Amazon store, this is what you will need!
This dishwasher from AmazonBasics offers you a lot in terms of both features and price.
This model is a 12 place setting dishwasher which is best recommended if your family is medium-sized. In addition to this, it also comes with seven unique wash programs, which are suitable for heavy grease stains to light stains and covers everything in between.
Moreover, you can wash utensils of all materials without a worry, be it stainless steel or ceramic. The upper rack is also adjustable to provide more space for utensils.
The special features include Half Load and Extra Drying. These features allow you to wash everyday small loads and avoids any water stains on your utensils.
Additionally, the model also comes with a two-year warranty. This will help you get your machine fixed if you ever face trouble with it!
- Comes with a 12 place setting
- It has seven wash programs
- Can easily remove tough stains
- Affordable pricing
- Impressive cleaning and drying ability
- Comes with Half Load and Extra Drying features
- Customers have reported very inconsistent performance
Things To Consider Before Buying Best Dishwasher Online In India:
We can all agree that being on lockdown has really taught us the importance of certain equipment in our home. One good example is the dishwasher. As vessels keep piling up in the sink, manually cleaning them can be difficult. However, a dishwasher will eliminate manual work. So, if you have wanted to purchase a dishwasher and lighten your load, now is the time. With this handy buyer’s guide, you will learn what to look for in a dishwasher, thereby making a well-informed decision.
Dishwasher Size: There are different sizes of dishwashers available in the market like 8 places, 12 places, 14 places, 16 places settings and so on. You should check the size of the dishwasher according to the number of persons in your family. The bigger the family, the larger is the size of the dishwasher you need.
|Family||Members||Size of Dishwasher|
|Small||2-3 Members||8 place settings|
|Medium||4-6 Members||10-12 place settings|
|Large||7+ Members||14-16 place settings|
Different Types: There are different types of dishwashers available in the market. These types include Countertop dishwasher, Built-in Dishwasher and Portable dishwashers etc.
|Countertop Dishwasher:||Built-in Dishwasher:||Portable Dishwashers:|
|It is the cheapest among all other types of dishwashers & can easily be installed under the kitchen counter .The only disadvantage is that you cannot get an internal water heater, so it does not wash dishes as quickly as built-in or portable ones.||The Built-in dishwasher is the most popular and common type of dishwasher. It usually comes with an inbuilt faucet and a drain directly below your kitchen countertop, which makes it look more beautiful.||A portable dishwasher is a type of dishwasher that can be moved from one place to another easily. Portable models are usually used by hotels &restaurants . They are more expensive than Countertop and built-in dishwashers but they do not require installation.|
Material Type: Dishwashers are made up of different materials like stainless steel, galvanized iron, plastic, glass and so on. You must know the material that you will be comfortable using in your kitchen. The stainless steel dishwashers are more expensive than other types of materials but they have an attractive look. Whereas plastic ones are lightweight and hence it is easy to move from one place to another.
Control Panels: There are two types of control panels, i.e., touch and non-touch panels. Touch screen panels are more expensive than non-touch ones. It is better to buy a product that has a touch screen panel as it will be easy to operate and also it will look stylish. A dishwasher with a touch screen panel is more expensive as compared to a non-touch type, but it is worth spending extra bucks for ease of use and modern look.
Shelves and Racks: A dishwasher has compartments and shelves to keep your utensils in place. Depending on the number of items that you want to wash, you can select your appropriate model. Also, if you want to wash big utensils like pans, pots and vessels then it is better to buy a product that has bigger racks.
Energy Rating: Another important factor to be considered before buying a dishwasher of your choice is the energy rating. Energy ratings indicate how much power will be consumed by the appliance. A high star rated dishwasher uses less power and also keeps the electricity bills low.
Dishwashers Features: Features are also an extremely important factor. Keep in mind that a lot of high-end brands offer a lot of features for a heft amount. This might be true, but not always. Make sure the ratio between the features and the prices go hand in hand. If you find a dishwasher that offers fewer features with hefty prices, you might want to look for other models.
Water Consumption: A high water consumption means higher electricity bills, and hence you must check the tag on the product for knowing its water consumption. Ideally, the water consumption of a dishwasher should be less than 4 litres per wash.
Price Comparison: Before buying a dishwasher, make sure that you check the price of other similar products in the market. It is always advisable to compare at least five or six brands and then make your decision. If you buy a dishwasher in hurry, there are chances that you may buy a product that does not meet your expectations.
Warranty period: It is better to buy a dishwasher that comes with a good warranty period as it will give you peace of mind. It will give you a feeling that you have made the right choice. Other than this, if something goes wrong with your dishwasher during the warranty period then you can get it repaired or replaced for free. So, we would suggest buying a product which has at least 2 year of warranty in India.
What are the pros and cons of using a dishwasher?
- You save time loading the dishwasher and unloading it.
- Dishes are rinsed off more thoroughly than by hand, which means less time spent on scraping and scrubbing.
- The dishwasher uses less water than the sink.
- The dishwasher frees up space on your sink for other purposes.
- Dishwashers are available in a variety of models and styles to fit every kitchen.
- Some dishwashers can be costly to purchase and repair.
- A dishwasher can break down unexpectedly, just as any other appliance in the home.
- A dishwasher uses electricity for its operation, meaning everyone cannot afford it .
- Because no one wants to hear a noisy appliance running in their home, you have to consider the issue of noise when choosing a dishwasher.
Frequently Asked Questions About Buying a New Dishwasher
Similar to every other appliance at home, you may also have a few questions about your dishwasher. Listed below are the common FAQs, along with the answers. If you think of something which is not covered here, please let us know.
Which Material Dishwasher Is Best?
Ideally, a stainless steel dishwasher is preferred simply because it lasts longer than other materials. It can also be easily cleaned and maintained without any issues. However, if you want to do a little research first, you can.
How Safe Is It To Purchase A Dishwasher Online?
It is absolutely safe to purchase a dishwasher online as long as you buy one from a well-reputed company. Additionally, you check the product reviews and customer ratings to see what experiences other people have with the product.
How to save electricity bills while using a dishwasher?
The first thing that everyone should know before using this smart appliance is that not all dishwashers are the same.You should know how to choose a dishwasher based on its cycles and efficiency in saving water while washing dishes. The next thing that everyone should know about is the best ways for saving electricity bills when using a dishwasher.
To help you with your research on the subject, here are few good ways that will surely save you money:
1. Wash Light Loads in Dishwashers – washing heavy loads in a dishwasher puts too much stress on the machine. That’s the reason why it uses more energy too much water, and thus inflict damage on your utility bills.
2. Wash Full Loads in a Dishwasher – if you are able to wash full loads then you should do so. Why? Because cooking is not an exact science which means that dishes might be dirty again even after washing them in the dishwasher. The best thing to do is to wash dishes when you have a complete load so that you don’t end up using more water than necessary.
3. Use Efficient Heating Elements – most newer top-of-the-line dishwashers are designed with four types of heating elements, or four different ways to heat water: heat pump, standard heating element, thermal circulator and microwave. The first two are more efficient in saving energy compared to the last two.
4. Turn Off the Dishwasher When Not In Use – this tip is very straightforward yet many people still fail to heed it. If you know that you will not use a dishwasher for more than two weeks, then turn it off and unplug if to save money. Dishwashers are usually not turned on for an extended amount of time anyway.
5. Wash Dishes Inside the House – this may sound ironic but you can actually wash dishes inside your house using a dishwasher instead of doing it outdoors or in the garage. It will save you water and energy.
Last but not the least, make sure to clean your dishwasher regularly so that it can last for years before you decide it’s finally time to upgrade.
How much detergent should I use in a dishwasher?
The recommended amount of detergent to be used in a normal wash cycle is 2 tabs or 1 scoop per wash cycle. Adjust from this amount depending on the hardness of your water and type/number of dishes to be washed.
Is it easy to arrange Indian utensils in a dishwasher?
Yes, definitely. It is easy to arrange Indian utensils such as Tawas, Kadahis, Large Cooking Pots, Pressure Cooker in dishwasher as they do not have any sharp edges and are generally completely plastic or stainless steel. You can put them on the upper tray of the dishwasher and place glasses, plates on the lower rack so that there will be no problem while washing your dishes.
We hope our buying guide has helped to answer any questions or concerns you might have had about these products and how they work. Remember, not all dishwashers are created equal and it is important to do research before making a purchase decision as they can vary tremendously in terms of features, pricing and quality. We wish you all the best with your purchase!