Top 5 Best Air Purifiers in India: Buying Guide, Review & FAQ
It’s no secret that air pollution is a major problem in India. It affects people of all ages and particularly the most vulnerable populations such as children, pregnant women, elders, and those with chronic health conditions. The World Health Organization predicts that by 2030, 13 of the 20 smoggiest cities on earth will be located in India.
If you’re looking for an easy way to help your family breathe cleaner air at home or work, we recommend investing in an air purifier. Air purifiers can make your home much healthier and aid those who have respiratory issues. Best of all, they are not too expensive! But with so many different products on the market, it can be hard to choose which is best for your needs.
That’s why we’ve put together a list of the Best Air Purifiers in India. In this blog post, we will compare the best five air purifiers in India and share our buying guide for the Best Air Purifier. We’ll take a look at the pros and cons of each product to help you make an informed decision about what is best for your needs.
Compare Air Purifiers in India (Our Top 3 Pick)
Dyson has been an industry leader when it comes to air purifiers for years and the Dyson Pure Hot+Cool Air Purifier is no exception. With its state-of-the-art design, array of features, and inbuilt heater – this machine will make your home a healthier place than ever before!
- Premium, elegant design
- Asthma and Allergy Friendly Certified
- Quiet, automatic operation
- The filters are easy to change
- Intelligent reporting through the Dyson Link App
- Excellent warming (inbuilt heater)
- Expensive as compared to other brands
- It is suitable for medium to large size rooms with the coverage area of up to 600 sq. ft.
- Only Air Purifier that comes with heating functionality.
- This model has a 360° glass HEPA filter and Tris-impregnated activated carbon filter that captures 99.95% of harmful ultra-fine pollutants and allergens as small as PM 0.1.
- It automatically detects airborne particles and gases such as PM 2.5, PM 10, VOC & NO2 & then diagnoses and reports them in real-time on the LCD screen.
- Comes with 2 Year Warranty.
Coway is a brand that knows the importance of clean air, and they have a product to help! The Coway AirMega 150 Air Purifier features three stages of filtration: pre-filter, a deodorization filter, and multi-layered anti-virus green HEPA filters that eliminate up to 99.9% airborne particles and allergens! It’s best suited for living rooms or bedrooms due to the coverage area of 355 sq.ft., but can be used at the office as well!
- Biggest HEPA and Carbon Filters in market
- Very Sleek and light weighted
- Extremely silent in operation
- High CADR Value
- Asthma and Allergy Friendly Certified
- No Smart Features
- Average control panel with slightly slow buttons
- Coway’s 3-Stage Filtration System delivers clean air with the highest level of purification.
- The LCD display is easy to read and use. It’s also touch-activated, so you can control fan speed, power on/off, light on/off and filter reset with a simple tap.
- Although compact, this Airmega is fully featured to purify mid-sized rooms or small apartments.
- They made it easier to clean your filters by allowing you to remove them without any tools. Just slide out, rinse, and hang to dry!
- Warranty Period: 2 Years
The Mi Air Purifier 3 is the newest innovation from Xiaomi. This device has won awards for its high-quality air filtering system as well as its sleek design that fits any environment!
It is suitable for medium-sized rooms with a coverage area of up to 484 sq & comes with an OLED touch display and voice control feature which makes everyday life easier than ever before.
Apart from that, it has many features and modes to customize your experience with it. This includes Auto mode which automatically senses how much dust is in the room and adjusts accordingly. You can also set up automatic schedules for when you want the air purifier to turn on and off as well as create a custom schedule based on your needs.
- Air purifier is very quiet and energy-efficient and comes with a CADR rating of 320
- It has a sleek and modern design, along with an easy-to-use interface that makes it very user friendly for those who are new to air purifiers.
- Fully compatible with Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa
- With its 360 degrees design, you can place it anywhere in your home and still have great airflow coverage for all rooms.
- It has an automatic mode and can be controlled remotely via the Mi Home app on your smartphone or tablet. This allows you to control it even when you’re not at home!
- It also has a new generation of high-quality HEPA filters, which effectively removes 99% allergens from the air.
- Easy to use and quick to set up
- Low power consumption
- Easy filter replacement
- Works with Amazon Alexa & Google Assistant
- Can be controlled with an app on your phone
- Remote is missing
- Display is small
It’s no secret that Philips is a household name when it comes to electronics. They have been manufacturing high-quality products since 1891, and this air purifier continues that tradition of excellence.
The Philips Air Purifier AC2887 is designed with three different filters: one pre-filter, one activated charcoal filter, and a final HEPA filter. These three filters work together to remove 99% of all allergens and pollutants from the air passing through it. Plus, this air purifier can remove these pollutants from an 18 ft by 12 ft room in just 10 minutes with outstanding CADR’s of 333 m3/hour*.
This Philips purifier also features a sleep mode which allows the unit to run on its lowest setting during nighttime hours when you need it most! It also includes an Air Quality Monitor so you can see how clean the air is at all times.
It comes in three different colours: black, silver, and white. This means you can have a colour scheme that matches your home décor or office space! So go ahead and turn those dusty old rooms into a clean new home now.
- This Air purifier is beautiful, sleek and well-designed. It optimizes airflow efficiency so that you can enjoy cleaner air for longer periods of time.
- It’s effective at reducing harmful gases such as TVOC, formaldehyde and odour.
- 99.9% of bacteria removed with Vitashield IPS technology and Nanoprotec filters .
- Ideal for medium to large rooms such as your living room
- Smart Light Control: You can dim the light on the UI and turn it off to avoid disturbing your sleep cycle.
- When in silent mode, the purifier changes its fan speed and noise level to allow a more comfortable night’s sleep.
- Warranty Period: 2 Years
- Easy to use and Ergonomic design
- Minimal noise even in TURBO mode
- Vitashield IPS technology and Nanoprotec filters
- Maintenance charges & is low
- Higher CADR rating 333 CMH
- Wifi feature missing
- Dries the air a little bit
The Honeywell Air Touch A5 53-Watt Room Air Purifier is great for people on a budget. It has been designed for use in small to medium-sized rooms. With a sleek design, fantastic features, and low energy consumption, it would be hard to find another air purifier better than this one!
- It’s an ozone-free air purifier that does not emit any harmful gases after filtering the air. And even then, it is still efficient and cost effective!
- The air filtration system includes a High-efficiency HEPA filter that removes any microscopic pollutants and allergens including PM2.5, pollens, formaldehyde, toxic gases from VOCs and odour present in the environment.
- The filter life is about 3000 hours, and it will last for an entire year if used 8 hours daily!
- The child lock feature on the purifier will keep little ones from operating it. You can now take care of your kids and have a clean house!
- Easy to setup & clean
- Filters can be replaced easily
- Child Lock Feature
- Low Power Consumption
- OLED Display is good
- Air Quality Indicator is bit inconvenient to see when you are in bed.
- Fan is little noisy during severe air quality time
Key Features to Keep in Mind Before Buying The Best Air Purifier in India
When you’re looking to buy an Air Purifier, there are a number of important features that you need to keep in mind. Air purifiers can be expensive, so it’s important not to purchase one without understanding what they do and why they’re needed. We’ve compiled a list of the most important features for Air Purifiers below.
1: Type of Air Purifier: HEPA and Ozone are the most common types of air purifiers found in the market.
|HEPA Air Purifiers:||Ozone Air Purifiers:|
|HEPA stands for high-efficiency particulate air.||Also known as active oxygen air purifiers.|
|The best part about HEPA filters is that they capture dust particles as small as 0.3 micrometres which is the finest dust particle in the air. Because they capture very tiny dust particles, you do not have to replace them as often as other types of air filters.||The main advantage of these types of air purifiers is that they can filter out a wide variety of pollutants from the air. These particles include dust, pet dander, and pollen but also bad odours like cigarette smoke, chemical gases and other strong odours in your home.|
|The downside to HEPA filters is that they do not filter out strong chemical gases or odours. One example of this is cigarette smoke which has a very powerful smell and leaves a strong odour in the air, but will still be noticeable after using an air purifier with a HEPA filter.||The downside to ozone air purifiers is that they are not known to be as effective as HEPA filters for removing allergens like pollen or dander. Another disadvantage to ozone is that it can also oxidise other materials in the air as well and these odours leave behind a chemical smell that is sometimes not very pleasant.|
2: Air Purifier Size: Make sure you choose a purifier that will fit in the area you’re putting it in. Most purifiers are designed to cover an average-sized room (800 square feet). If you have a smaller room than this, make sure the purifier you’re considering has adjustable coverage.
3: Air Purifier Filter: All air purifiers come with a replaceable filter that needs to be replaced from time to time. Make sure you take into consideration the cost of replacing filters. Most filters will last anywhere from 1 to 3 years. You can purchase an air purifier with a washable filter that you can clean yourself.
4: Noise Level: Air purifier noise levels vary widely. Some are almost silent, while others can be heard from several rooms away. The only way to know for sure is by reading reviews written by users who have purchased the same unit you’re looking at buying.
5: Price: If you have a decent amount of money to spend, I’d recommend spending around 15000 Rupees or more on an air purifier. They’ll last longer and perform better than cheaper options.
6: Warranty Period: There are many different warranty periods out there to choose from. I’d recommend at least a 1-year warranty, especially if you’re spending more than 10,000 Rupees on an air purifier.
7: Other Features to Consider: Make sure your purifier has the features you want. Some have a timer and remote control, others have air quality indicators that let you know when it’s time for a filter change or service and some just have indicator lights on the front, etc. Also, consider how to clean the air purifier as some are easier to clean than others.
8: Customer Reviews: One of the best ways to know if you’re making a good purchase is by reading reviews written by users who have purchased and used your particular air purifier model. Check to see what they have to say about things like noise level, filter replacement cost, and overall effectiveness. This will help you know if your money is well-spent or not.
Frequently asked Questions about the HEPA Air Purifiers in India
If you are looking for answers to Frequently Asked Questions about Air Purifiers, then this section is a great place to start! To learn more about Frequently Asked Questions about Air Purifiers, read on below!
Which are the best Air Purifier brands in India for home use?
There are many different Air Purifier Brands in the Indian market today, all offering excellent quality at different prices. However, we belive that these are the top 10 brands in India.
1. Philips Air Purifer
2. Coway Air Purifer
3. Dyson Air Purifier
4. Mi Air Purifer
5. Honeywell Air Purifer
6. Blue Star Air Purifier
7. Daikin Air Purifier
8. Godrej Air Purifier
9. Eureka Forbes Air Purifier
10. Airspa Air Purifier
How much time should I run my air purifier?
The amount of time you run your air purifier depends on a number of factors, such as room size, level of pollution, and the number of people in your household. For small rooms (100m2 or less), we recommend running your air purifier for approximately 4 to 6 hours each day.
Can I use my air purifier when I’m sleeping?
Yes. You can use the air purifier when sleeping in your bedroom. It’s quiet enough for you to sleep during the night. If you’re worried about duct noise, feel free to place it on top of some furniture instead of mounting it on a wall or ceiling.
How much noise does an air purifier make?
The noise level of an air purifier varies depending on the brand & model. A good air purifier should be designed to produce the least amount of noise possible. We recommend looking for an air purifier that has a high EER rating and is Energy Star certified. Air purifiers with higher EER ratings are more energy-efficient, making them less noisy because the fan speed does not need to be cranked up to compensate for lower airflow.
Can I install my air purifier in a room other than the bedroom?
Absolutely. You may install the air purifier anywhere you want it to be, even in a living room or kitchen. But again, we highly recommend you set up your purifier in the same room where you sleep. This will allow the carbon filter to efficiently remove chemicals from your bedroom air, which can affect your breathing during sleep.
How do I know if my air purifier is working?
Once you have turned on your Air Purifier, wait 20 minutes for the dust inside your room to get collected on the pre-filter. Then take a reading from your Air Purifier’s display, or press the PM2.5/PM10 button to see which filter is collecting dust. The higher the number, the cleaner your air is!
You’ve made it to the end of this post! Congratulations and thank you for taking the time out of your day. We hope that we have been able to help with any questions about which air purifier is best for you, but don’t hesitate to reach out if there’s anything else on your mind – our team will be happy to answer them!
And remember- sharing is caring so be sure to share this blog post on Best HEPA Air Purifiers in India on your social media feeds as well as with friends in need of an informative read!